Saturday, October 4, 2008

Healthy Blueberry Pancakes

   


Today I'm going to make some blueberry pancakes using whole wheat flour and a little bit of ground flax seed meal. More to come including photos and the full recipe...

Ok I sorta cheated by using whole grain pancake mix, I do that because the mix already has the correct amount of baking powder and baking soda and all that stuff. 

I  followed the directions on the box. I cut the recipe in half cause there are only two of us eating and I am trying not to eat too much.

 I used 1 cup of the whole grain pancake mix
 1 egg
 1 tsp  melted butter
1 tsp of olive oil  (the directions on the box called for two tablespoons of oil)
1 cup milk
2 tblsp  ground flax seed meal
1 cup  frozen blueberries.

mix all the ingredients in a bowl, blueberries last. Try not to stir the mix too much cause this will make your pancakes tough.

Heat a large skillet and make whatever sized pancakes you like. I made one giant one but it was hard to flip, so the next three were normal size.

I cooked some fake veggie bacon on the side. I love veggie bacon. I started buying it to be healthy, but now I really love the way it tastes.

The conclusion of this post is that it's official, I am a California Hippie. Yikes!!  I thought I was just making a post about a delicious breakfast, but really, whole grain flax meal pancakes? and veggie bacon?  I am officially a granola eating Cali Hippie. 

Oh well, it's a nice day. I going out for a long walk in my pretty CA neighborhood!



No comments: